Associate Talent Director
We’re looking for an approachable, pragmatic, relational, results-focused, experienced and entrepreneurial Associate Talent Director to find and recruit top talent for The Garage Group. You connect with people easily and with a passion for diversity and inclusion, recognize talent when you see it; define problems well; and then proactively set out to solve them in uber-smart ways. Jumping into a new space, a new approach or a new constraint gives you energy. If there’s not an existing path, you create one. And, you easily and readily access a bank of experience and knowledge built from curiosity, adventure, hard work and as many failures as successes. This full-time gig is based in Cincinnati.
What you’ll do:
- Most critically, you’ll represent our brand, mission, values and vision as you find and recruit top talent for The Garage Group.
- Create the right, entrepreneurial strategies and processes to help us sustainably recruit talent across our key roles.
- Craft job descriptions that help us find the right people for the right roles.
- Lead initial screening of candidates.
- Coordinate engagement with key staff stakeholders and decision-makers as part of the selection process.
- Manage logistics from job offer through initial on-boarding.
- Help us build a talent development program unique to our culture, vision and mission; and that is pragmatic and inspirational.
- Evaluate and lead improvements to our overall compensation plans by knowing the competitive landscape.
- Oversee the day-to-day HR needs that come with aggressive growth plans.
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- You positively represent our brand, mission, vision and values as you find and recruit top talent for The Garage Group.
- We’ll have the right talent lined up to work with us as needs arise.
- You’re committed and accountable to results and willing to change/ adapt your approach as needed, especially as we target new types of candidates for new areas of business.
- New hires quickly become strong contributors.
- Retention is high, our team is growing numerically, in their leadership and capabilities, and loving it.
- Over time, you create and implement scalable, repeatable systems for finding, screening and on-boarding talent–and optimize processes as needed.
Things we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial — get things done; take smart risks; try new approaches
- Knowledge of corporate innovation, marketing, market research or design and/or start up environments; Knowledge of CPG, Food & Beverage, Retail or Apparel Categories a plus
- 3-5 years recruiting, HR, staffing or relevant experience desired (We’re also open to someone who has the above knowledge buckets covered and can demonstrate strong transferable skills relevant for this role.)
- A phenomenal network of connections and evidence that you are a builder of relationships across a diverse set of individuals.
- Problem-solving/connecting dots in new ways/analog thinking
- Competency for leveraging social media to drive results
- Strong attention to detail/excellence
- Mindset of being proactive vs. reactive
- Adaptable/ flexible
- Bonus if you have a Spotify slow jams playlist and think coffee should be it’s own food group.
If you’re interested in this role, shoot us a note telling us why and how you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please send us a 2-minute or less video (taken with your phone is fine–doesn’t need to be fancy!) telling us what you think it means to be entrepreneurial. BONUS: At the end of the video, tell us your favorite karaoke song and give us a ten-second clip of you singing your favorite part of the song. (Yes, we’re serious.)