We’re looking for an approachable, pragmatic, relational, results-focused, experienced, and entrepreneurial Talent Director to find and recruit top talent for The Garage Group.
You connect with people easily and with a passion for diversity and inclusion, recognize talent when you see it; define problems well, and then proactively set out to solve them in uber-smart ways. Jumping into a new space, a new approach or a new constraint gives you energy. If there’s not an existing path, you create one. And, you easily and readily access a bank of experience and knowledge built from curiosity, adventure, hard work and as many failures as successes. This full-time gig is available in either Cincinnati or Chicago. We would also consider a part-time role.
What you’ll do:
- Most critically, you’ll represent our brand, mission, values, and vision as you find and recruit top talent for The Garage Group.
- Gain a deep understanding and empathy for each role so you can hone in on the right candidates.
- Create the right, entrepreneurial strategies and processes to help us sustainably recruit talent across our key roles including owning our Applicant Tracking system.
- Craft job descriptions that help us find the right people for the right roles.
- Lead initial screening of candidates.
- Coordinate engagement with key staff stakeholders and decision-makers as part of the selection process.
- Manage logistics from job offer through initial on-boarding.
- Help us build a talent development program unique to our culture, vision, and mission; and that is pragmatic and inspirational.
- Evaluate and lead improvements to our overall compensation plans by knowing the competitive landscape.
- Oversee the day-to-day HR needs that come with aggressive growth plans.
- Build a strong network and community developing external relationships to feed the talent pipeline.
- Develop a culture of highly engaged and happy employees that exemplify our values.
How we’ll know if it’s working out:
- You positively represent our brand, mission, vision, and values.
- The talent pipeline is filled with strong candidates who fit our culture.
- We’ll have the right talent lined up to join our team as needs arise, not reacting to the need but proactively staying ahead of the curve.
- You’re committed and accountable to results and willing to change/ adapt your approach as needed, especially as we target new types of candidates for new areas of business.
- New hires quickly become strong contributors.
- Retention is high, our team is growing numerically, in their leadership and capabilities, and loving it.
- Over time, you create and implement scalable, repeatable systems for finding, screening, and onboarding talent–and optimize processes as needed.
Things we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial — get things done; take smart risks; try new approaches
- You’re a natural connector, seen as highly relational, and are well-networked in professional and personal communities. Traditional recruiting experience not required.
- 3-5 years experience in relevant field preferred
- Network of corporate innovation, marketing, market research or design and/or start-up environments; Knowledge of CPG, Food & Beverage, Retail or Apparel Categories a plus
- A phenomenal network of connections and evidence that you are a builder of relationships across a diverse set of individuals.
- Strong attention to detail/excellence
- Mindset of being proactive vs. reactive
- Adaptable/ flexible
Bonus if you have a Spotify slow jams playlist and think coffee should be its own food group. If you’re interested in this role, click this link to begin the application.