We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information, and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint. By using our Site and services, you are consenting to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure, and other uses of your information as further described in this Policy.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
TGG collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you. Any personal information you provide is voluntary or is necessary for the identified purposes for which it is to be used. You have no obligation to provide the information requested by TGG, but the failure to do so can impact TGG’s ability to respond to your inquiry, problem, request or other communication, and may result, in the case of a service or other request, in the denial of such request.
Type of Data
We collect the following data:
- In the course of operating TGG and tailoring the Site content to our visitors, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us; name; email address and/or phone number; physical address; job application and other data included in a resume, cover letter, or other application materials (“User PI”).
- IP address and/or router information (“Tech PI”).
- Through our work with clients and not via our Site; image; demographic information, such as, without limitation, age, sex, family income, marital status; preferences and shopping habits; and other personal information so long as we have your explicit written consent (“Research PI”).
Modes of Collection
You directly or indirectly provide TGG with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntary submit User PI and Research PI with completion of data forms
- The Site; use or view of website via your browser’s cookies
- The Site; subscribed to company newsletters
- Third-Party Research Platforms
- Clients, and
- Other Sources (may differ based on research needing acquired)
Collection and Use of Your Data
- We rely on your express consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI and will use your information as described to you during collection.
- We may use the User PI and Tech PI collected on the TGG Site (i) to customize the content you see (ii) to serve you targeted advertising through Facebook, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn (iii) to streamline your Site experience (iv) to send you newsletters or e-mails (for individuals located in the E.U., if you have opted in to receiving them).
We may also process User PI or Research PI for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- We may use Research PI to conduct market and industry research for our clients, provided that no Research PI is provided to our clients without your explicit consent. However, our clients may be provided with anonymized or aggregate results derived from Research PI.
- We may share your User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI with employees and contractors only on a need-to-know basis in order to (1) perform their necessary job functions, or (2) conduct specific research and analysis functions for client market and consumer research and only in accordance with the consent provided from the data subject.
- We may share your Research PI with our clients if we have your explicit consent.
- We may share your User PI with Facebook, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn for the purpose of serving targeted advertisements.
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
- We may use your User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI to process employment applications and requests for services.
- We may use your User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and compile broad aggregate demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes.
- We may use User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- We may use User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI for auditing, reporting, corporate governance, and internal operations.
- We do not share, sell, rent, or otherwise distribute your User PI, Tech PI, or Research PI with outside parties, except to provide services you’ve requested, or consented to.
Opting In/Opting Out
Where you have provided us User PI (and for individuals located in the E.U., if you have opted in), you will receive our newsletter and email promotions. You may also receive targeted advertisements from us via Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram if we have your User PI.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter, click on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of an email newsletter. It may take up to three days for this to take place.
Storage of your data
TGG will hold User PI and Tech PI until you request that we delete that data. We will hold Research PI for no longer than three months after the conclusion of the market and consumer research project for which we obtained the Research PI, or in accordance with the explicit consent signed upon providing the Research PI. All User PI, Tech PI, Research PI will be stored securely and not longer than legally permissible.
Your Rights (for individuals located in the E.U.).
If you are located in the E.U., you have a number of important rights free of charge under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In summary, those include rights to:
- The right to access. You have the right to request TGG provide access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request TGG correct any mistakes in your information which we hold and you believe to be inaccurate.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request TGG erase (delete) personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request TGG transfer personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to a third party in certain situations.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to TGG, at any time, to the processing of personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request TGG restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the GDPR.
To submit a request (see “How to contact us” below) and please be sure to:
- Provide us have enough information to identify you (such as the email address you previously provided to us);
- Let us know the information to which your request relates.
TGG shall comply with the request promptly within 21 days but no later than one month after the request has been made. However, where the retrieval or provision of information is particularly complex or is subject to a valid delay, the period may be extended by two months. In this situation, you will be notified about the delay and provided the reason for the delay.
The information requested shall be provided free of charge. However, for any further copies requested, TGG may charge a reasonable fee. Additionally, for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, because of their repetitive character, TGG may:
- Charge a reason a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested; or
- Refuse to act on the request (we will provide an explanation as to why).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser cookies. For more information on Flash cookies, please visit https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
You may, at any time, disable or refuse to accept cookies by changing the preferences or settings on your web browser. If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to use our Site. However, you will not be able to fully take advantage of certain automation and other functionality features available on this Site.
Web Statistics & Shared Data
We may collect other non-identifiable aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad aggregate demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes. From time to time, we may use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design our Site and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but, except as otherwise set forth herein, we would not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
We have implemented appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Privacy policies of other websites
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that TGG is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your information on third-party sites.
Additional Privacy Policies and Regulations – European Union (including the UK)
Transfer of Data Out of the EEA. TGG is based in the United States and that’s where we process personal information. When you visit our Site and provide User PI, Tech PI, and/or Research PI to us, we request your consent to transfer that personal information to the United States. We also work with vendors under contracts that require them to treat any personal information they process consistent with this Policy.
- File Complaint You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with respect to data protection issues. If you would like further information please contact us (see “How to contact us” below). Except as set forth herein or if we have obtained your explicit consent, we will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA.
- Children’s Privacy Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, nor do we allow registration of users under the age of 13. If you are under 13, DO NOT give us any personal information on the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to TGG without explicit parental consent, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases.
- California – Privacy Rights California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, allows California residents who are TGG customers to request certain information regarding our disclosure of PII to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- Please contact us at email@example.com to request information as permitted by California law.
- When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and details regarding your specific request, such as the personal information you do not want us to share with suppliers, affiliates, or third parties.
- The request should be sent to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our mailing address set forth herein, Attn: Privacy, “California Customer Choice Notice.”
- Please allow 30 days for a response.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy was published in 2019 and last updated on September 8, 2022. We may change this Policy from time to time, when we do we will inform you via a notice on our Site or by email.
How to Contact Us
The Garage Group, Inc.,
Attn: Tech Function Leader,
4914 Cooper Road #42274,
Cincinnati, OH 45242