If you don’t know Warby Parker, you should. In order to deliver on their mission “to create boutique-quality, classically crafted eyewear at a revolutionary price point”, Warby Parker disrupted the traditional business model of the highly vertically integrated prescription glasses industry.
A couple of quick articles to get you up to speed on Warby Parker:
– NY Times Story, E-Commerce Companies Bypass the Middlemen
– Cool Hunting Story, Warby Parker: New Store, Fresh Collection
A behind the scenes look at their new Washington Street Store:
A few questions to consider:
- How could you leverage the concept of home try-on with your product/service/brand?
- As you continue to move your product/service/brand into the digital space, what can you learn from companies like Warby Parker and other emerging online retailers like Bonobos (check out quadrant 3) who seamlessly converge brick and mortar and digital into great consumer/customer experiences?
- How could you leverage a direct to consumer model, eliminating many steps/cost drivers in the existing industry supply chain? Are you willing to invest resources to figure out a disruptive new model before someone else does?
The Garage Group brings entrepreneurial approaches to discovering insights and building big ideas.